Followers

12 February 2009

Marianne Moore quotes

“The deepest feeling always shows itself in silence; not in silence, but restraint”

“Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.”

“There never was a war that was not inward; I must fight till I have conquered in myself what causes war.”

“Impatience is the mark of independence, not of bondage”

“Beauty is everlasting And dust is for a time..

“Psychology which explains everything explains nothing, and we are still in doubt”


“Poetry is all nouns and verbs”

“Any writer overwhelmingly honest about pleasing himself is almost sure to please others.”

“If you will tell me why the fen appears impassable, I then will tell you why I think that I can cross it if I try”

“The passion for setting people right is in itself an afflictive disease.”

No comments: